Nina’s Revolutionary Meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb ground beef or pork
- 9 oz box frozen spinach, defrosted, chopped, squeeze out water (approx. 3/4 cup cooked spinach)
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup raisins, chopped well
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 Tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 450. Place rack in the upper third of the oven (not the top).
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Shape meatballs 1 ½ to 1 ¾ inch diameter and place on a well-oiled cookie sheet without touching.
Bake 5 mins, take out the sheet and turn meatballs over with tongs.
Return to oven and bake another 5 mins.
Remove from oven and move meatballs to a plate with paper towels to blot oil.
Mama Mia, they’re delicious!!!!
Option: You can use less honey and/or raisins if you are watching sugar intake.