Dark Chocolate Cabernet Truffles
May 14, 2020
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsps Cabernet Sauvignon wine
- 6 ozs semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Combine cream, vanilla extract, and salt together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir wine into the cream mixture and remove from heat.
- Stir semisweet chocolate into cream mixture until completely melted.
- Stir butter into mixture until incorporated.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a container, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Scoop the chocolate mixture using a teaspoon or a melon baller and shape into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in cocoa powder (or ground espresso) to coat.
- Place balls on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 10 minutes.