2010 Cornerstone Oregon Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
"Their 2010 Pinot Noir is a nearly perfect wine displaying great structure with bold and generous fruit as well" BevX.com
High-toned cherry, raspberry, mocha, fresh blackberry, slight strawberry, slight earth and clove. The expressive palate shows boysenberry, pie cherry, wild plum, slight smoke, toast, hints of dark chocolate and grilled meat with a long, persistent finish.
Coq au Vin
- 4 cups red wine
- 1 3–4-lb. chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 bouquet garni (12 sprigs thyme, 5 sprigs parsley, and 3 bay leaves tied together with kitchen twine)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 10 oz. peeled pearl onions
- 12 oz. white button mushrooms, quartered
- 10 oz. bacon, cut into ½" pieces
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Finely chopped parsley leaves, to garnish
- Combine wine, chicken, yellow onion, and bouquet garni in a bowl; cover with plastic wrap, and let marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight. Drain chicken, onions, and bouquet garni, reserving wine, and set aside. Dry chicken thoroughly with paper towels.
- Heat oil in a 6-qt. Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add pearl onions, and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned and tender, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl and set aside. Add mushrooms to pot, and cook, stirring, until they release all their moisture and brown lightly, about 8 minutes. Transfer to bowl with pearl onions; set aside. Add bacon to pot, and cook, stirring, until it renders its fat and is crisp, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain; set aside. Add 1 tbsp. butter to pot, and then season chicken with salt and pepper, and add to pot; cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate, and set aside. Add drained yellow onions to pot, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 10 minutes. Add flour, and cook, stirring, until smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in reserved wine and stock, and then return chicken to pot along with bouquet garni; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, covered and stirring occasionally, until chicken is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in pearl onions and mushrooms. Divide among serving bowls, and garnish with rendered bacon and parsley.
AVAs: 68% Yamhill-Carlton, 10% Chehalem Mountain, 8% Eola-Amity, 6% McMinnville, 5% Ribbon Ridge, 3% Dundee Hills. Aged in 100% French Oak of which 62 % was new for 15 months and was bottled in April 2012. 498 cases were produced.