2009 Cornerstone Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
"The texture is near perfection being lush while vibrant with balancing acid. Great structure with incredible length" Gang of Pour
The Cornerstone Cellars 2009 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is a beautiful example of a classic Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon featuring the best characteristics of each appellation that goes into the blend. Classically deep, vibrant notes of dark cherry, black currants, graphite and a hint of cinnamon and sweet anise are offered in an array of aromatics. Immediately full and generous on the palate, this wine exhibits a beautiful texture, lifted with an enticing crispness. Balanced with a youthful broad tannin structure this wine has enough enthusiasm to offer increasingly dramatic drinking pleasures for years to come.
Crown Roast of Lamb with Rosemary and Oregano
Crown roasts are often done with pork, but lamb also makes for a festive presentation—and it's a delicious change of pace. Request the roasts from the butcher ahead of time, since they are usually prepared to order. Pour a Syrah with dinner if you've chosen this main course. Ingredients
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 crown roasts of lamb, each consisting of 14 chops (which are two 7-rib racks of lamb tied together)
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Mix chopped rosemary, minced garlic, chopped oregano, salt and black pepper in small bowl. Place crown roasts of lamb, spaced apart, on large baking sheet. Brush lamb all over with olive oil. Rub herb mixture all over lamb. Cover bones loosely with sheet of foil. Roast lamb until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of lamb registers 125°F to 130°F for rare, about 20 minutes (or 130°F to 135°F for medium-rare, about 30 minutes; or 135°F to 140°F for medium, about 35 minutes).
- Transfer lamb to platter; let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Remove foil and string. Cut lamb between ribs into chops and serve.
Composition: 95% Cabernet Sauvignon, Ink Grade Vineyard, Howell Mountain, Oakville Station, Oakville, Kairos Vineyard, Oak Knoll District; 5% Merlot Stewart Ranch Vineyard, Carneros
Harvest: Each of the vineyards were harvested in September and October in perfect conditions. Bottling Date: July 14th., 2011. Cases Produced: 842. Bottling Analysis: Alcohol 14.9% v/v, pH 3.74, T.A. 0.580 g/100mL
Showcasing the authentic varietal character of this incomparable Cabernet Sauvignon is an important part of the Cornerstone Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon legacy.
A winemakers wine, it is superbly crafted by blending Cabernet Sauvignon’s from specially selected sites very desirable for this variety throughout the Napa Valley from Howell Mountain to the Oak Knoll District, then balanced with a little lift from our Carneros Merlot which brings a unique harmony. This popular wine is consistently noted for its incredibly rich layers of complexity and remarkable overall balance that exemplifies Cornerstone Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.